SUGAR DETOX

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Feeling accomplished

I made it to day 10 with no slip ups. If I can do this then why is it so hard to quit smoking ? Hmmm there is something to think about! I know that it is hard to quit sugar, the eating habits are hard to break! Here is something new this morning.... I have been craving bacon and eggs, now usually I am not a breakfast person but for some reason this week I have wanted breakfast.  So I drove my daughter thru jack in the box and I ordered a supreme croissant. I took both top and bottom bread off and just ate what was in the middle. I put it in my fitness pal and it only equaled 162 calories and 1.2 sugars and 2.8 carbs. Then I had my shake 2 hours after that. It worked really well for me and I felt a little more satisfied.  I came to a realization this evening. I decided to take my daughter out to eat because it has been forever. I ordered what this restaurant calls pepper steak. Here is what it is a piece of hamburger meet stuffed with jalapeƱos and some grated cheese on top. I had this with a side salad and side of veggies.


Here is my meal that I ordered.







Ok here is what I realized I guess my stomach has really shrank because I didn't even eat half of this food. I picked out all the carrots and onions.... Natural sugars, and of course I ate my small side salad and that is it. I was sad though when I looked and realized I was stuffed I couldn't eat another bite. Sad you say why the heck would you be sad? Well I don't even know why! I enjoy eating and I enjoy food and now I can't even eat an entire hamburger patty. So I called Holly @300pondsdown.coom and I am telling her that I was sad I couldn't eat my food and she tells me its ok I know exactly what you are talking about. I am so Happy that I have someone who has done this and can tell me this. Even though there is really no reason to be sad its just what happens I guess.

This is what I had left..

So I come home with a killer tummy ache and headache . I am assuming I was full and ate to much so I lie down and of course I fall asleep. When I woke up I still didn't feel the best and my 2 hours were up so I went ahead and had a shake and YAY for the shake it made me feel better. Almost as if it was what my body wanted instead of the food. Kinda strange for me but it works. I am feeling better now and find more things I can eat by reading the labels on stuff. I have became a little obsessed with labels haha.


For my walk I went to the walking park. I didn't get a pic but I will be going back again it was really nice and it had warm up stations! So cool!!!
Well my Blog friends I will talk to ya soon....


4 comments:

  1. Good for you! Congratulations on a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quitting smoking is not easy! I smoked for 23 yrs about 10-15 cigarettes a day (more on days I didn't work) and even after developing asthma, I had a hard time stopping. I ended up using prescription medication (Chantix) to stop and, although you're supposed to use the medication for 12 weeks, after just 3 weeks I was able to stop the medication and haven't smoked since. Just like sugar addiction, to this day I still think about smoking but I don't crave it. It's a good thing to remember that no matter how much time goes by, you'll always remember how the sugar made you feel and you'll dream about having just one taste but that's where it gets you, so stay vigilant! :)

    Have a great Memorial weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I tried to get my doctor to give me chantix a while back and he wouldn't he said try to quit on your own first. I know lots of people that have quit with chantix. I will be working hard on that habit soon!!! Thank you for your encouragement and your feedback!! Hope you are having a great Memorial weekend as well!

      Delete