SUGAR DETOX

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Walk a mile in my shoes



I literally did!!! I walked a mile in my own shoes today. An entire mile .... Now I know some of you are like that isn't much but I haven't had much exercise in years. So a mile is kind of a big deal to me. Now Holly was telling me about the app, map my walk so I downloaded and used it. I am not sure on the accuracy of this app but it did keep the time and calories and everything......Here is a pic of what the app looks like.

                                                                               
Ok All you have to do is download the app on your smart phone and set up an account and then when you go walking just start it and carry your phone with you .......




Remember I told ya all about the cool walking park well that is where we walked today. Here is why I question the app on the distance. This park has 2 sides and a street runs in between ok so at the beginning of each side there is a sign posted that says .83mi. Now if you walk the entire thing which each side is .83 wouldn't that be like a mile and a half or 1.66? I am not sure about this so if anyone wants to share please do!
I walked the entire thing both sides and it logged me at 1.10 miles and I actually had to pass my starting point a little for it to log the mile.




Here is the pic of the .83Mi marker



I want to share some pics of the park. It is really an awesome place to go and walk or jog, or whatever may be your fancy! Today my daughter and boxer Rocky went with me!
Part of the walking trail!





different warm up stations everywhere 
My daughter and Rocky doing a warm up lol


Really Cool!
Food today shakes and for diner I cooked. So easy and quick too! Frozen chicken breast stuck 2 pieces one for me one for my daughter on a pan threw it in the oven and baked at 350 for 30 min, Asparagus with 2 spoons of butter in a pan covered on the stove top cooked for about 15 min. Took out the chicken sprinkled some grated cheese microwaved 30 sec and spread hot sauce on top Wah Lah diner is served!!!

You guys this is so easy!! Shakes are made and diner is simple! Getting through the first week was the hardest part and now it is just everyday living for me!!! 

5 comments:

  1. So thrilled for you. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess is that 1.1 miles is probably close to accurate. I can walk a mile in 15 minutes if I power walk. If you were taking a leisurely walk then 1.1 would be about right for your time. You can always take the same route and use another running or walking program (I use Nike Running) to track your distance and see how it compares. Keep it up... you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok good I am glad you gave me some feedback! Although it didn't feel leisurely to me it probably was lol!!! I will try these other apps and see what happens thanks so much!!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the tip on the app I think I will try a few different ones until I get a fitbit! I heard they were really awesome and the reviewss are great.Your right my dogs love to walk I never thought about them being my walking buddy thanks for that! Thanks for the tip on the asparagus I usually grill them but wasn't really in the mood but I will try your way sounds yummy!!! Thanks for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete