SUGAR DETOX

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

First day jitters

Day # 1 well it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be I am starting this post with this sentence!

My friend @300poundsdown.com came to spend a week with me and help me start the sugar detox process. We don't actually live that far away from each other just about an hour. BTW I have been telling her this for months now! She just didn't believe me until now so Holly I told you so! Anyways I was very positive today and I had a lot of FUN. I think because she was here I didn't think much about food! So here is what we did.......

Morning time kicked me in the rear a little I always and when I say always I mean every morning for the past well hell since I was in high school Have had coke or coffee in the morning. NO COKE NO COFFEE today! We spent lots of time in Wal Mart! Wal Mart really with all the food?? I just didn't walk that way lol I kept my distance. We did shop for some new clothes. I guess I should have said another new thing in my life is exercise. I started out walking today for only 15 min. I know I know 15 min really like that is real hard. It isn't hard to walk 15 min but what is hard is to walk 15 min for a week everyday. I am a procrastinator. I do real good for a while then its like ahhh I will do it tomorrow then that turns into weeks or months. So we will see hopefully I can stick with it. Anyways on with the shopping I got some new comfy pants and shirts now I wanna walk because I get to wear my fancy new workout clothes.

So I did my walk today right outside my front door. No gym no track just the street in front of my house! I do have really good scenery though..... This is what we saw on our morning walk! Hi Lama! 



Now for what I ate today or should I say what I drank.... I had Atkins shakes every 2 hours starting at about 9:30. Normally I would have had something earlier but I was waiting for Holly to get here with the shakes. It was similar to being at work waiting for the burrito lady to arrive haha Not today no burrito just a shake. So I had a shake every 2 hours I changed flavors up so I could try all the different kinds. They are actually pretty good tasting Not bad at all. This is a good thing usually I cant stomach healthy shakes because the flavor is gross these are good.



Ok when it was time for my 5:30 shake guess what happened.... I got to eat real food. Now my tummy wasn't growling and I wasn't starving but I was ready for some thick food haha. My dinner was really good and it still stuck to the no sugar good eating habit. Here is what I had

Now let me say that we went to a steak house and just ordered this. It has no sauce on it and no kind of bread with it and I had water. Oh crap I left out the water I drank bottled water all day. Actually I probably drank an entire swimming pool because I was really thirsty. I usually cant even choke down 1 bottle of water a day and I had about 6 bottles. I hope my body isn't in shock from just the water intake lol. I continued with another shake at 7:30 and at 9:30 I had a pickle spear and some pickled okra for a snack. BTW no sugar or carbs good snack!!!!! So I am assuming that you are kind of getting the gist of sugar detox.

I didn't want to make this post to long so let me give you a brief summary of something else that happened today. Holly came into my house and cleaned out my food. I mean threw away everything that was full of sugars and carbs. I was not happy about my ketchup or my sweet tea! I usually drink a gallon of sweet tea a day! this was so saddd!!!!




4 comments:

  1. So proud of you. How fortunate you are to have Holly as a friend. I am praying for your journey as well as Holly's. Your going to do wonders! Allow yourself to fail, just pick yourself back up quickly and at times it might take small goals like hour by hour instead of one day at a time, but it is entirely possible. Can't wait to see how God blesses you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Christine! Yes I am very lucky to have Holly as a friend

      Delete
  2. I have been following Holly's blog for a while and read about your blog today. Congrats on starting your sugar detox and exercise journey.
    I loved your beautiful picture that you showed and I know you will look like that again and be full of good health and spirits.
    Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I am already feeling a million times better! Thank you for the encouragement I need all I can get

      Delete