SUGAR DETOX

Friday, May 24, 2013

Oh rainy day

Alright I am not going to start with a number tonight. I will update you guys here and there to let ya know how long and all that good jazz. My day started with rolling thunder at about 6 am. The thunder was so loud that I almost had a heart attack. I love stormy weather but the thing about rainy days is that it makes me want to lay in bed watching tv and snacking. So I had to hit the floor running so that didn't happen!
I went and did a few errands and then just so I wasn't at home I sat at my daughters school for about an hour reading! The upside to this was I had a front seat to watch the rain come down and I was first in the pick up line....woohoo if you have kiddos you know all about the pick up line! It was very relaxing just to sit there. I also had something new today while I waited. We have taco casa here if you don't know its just a little mexican fast food place. Oh gosh don't worry I didn't eat anything!!!!! They have the best sweet tea in town (my weakness) NOPE I didn't get any but I did get a cup of there ice which is yummy soft little pieces and I poured in a Diet A&W root beer ... Very tasty. It just gave me something different I wont have one every day but here in there probably.

I had a yummy drink and still had no caffeine, no sugar, no carbs and no calories sounds like a winner to me!

So I had shakes all day of course then for diner we went to chilis. My friend Holly @300poundsdown.com Gave me a  chilis gift card. On there menu they have a section called the lighter side. This is kinda humorous because most of the meals on there are served with rice...... Hmmm starchy! So I ordered the 6oz steak with a side of steamed broccoli. The menu says this meal is 120 calories total. So if you are a calorie counter the is an excellent meal!

On to my walk... The best walk yet! I waited until this evening and I did 20 min. So far I walked 15 min the first 7 days then went up to 20 after that. I have missed one day of walking since I started this 11 days ago! Tonight it was wonderful. The smell of rain in the air, the overcast made it nice and cool and of course everything looked so green! I had about 8 minutes left in my walk when it started to pour rain So I walked in the rain. I felt like I was 12 again playing out in the rain You know what else I felt really proud of myself for finishing in the rain! Dedication I will do what I need to! So here is a pic of me walking I debated putting it up because of course my daughter captured my best side hahaha the back side! ( I say this with the most sarcasm)




Well guys maybe I will do something fun over the weekend so you will have something interesting to read lol. For now this is all. I am going to lie down and listen to the rain now! talk to you soon!


8 comments:

  1. Way to go! You are off to a terrific start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are doing fantastic! A diet root beer sound wonderful right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Up to 20 minutes on your walk.. hooray! I love Diet Root Beer also... but my personal favorite is Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper. Hope you have a wonderful week-end and look forward to hearing what you did for fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!!! I like the cherry dr pepper I haven't had diet yet, but since I don't drink real sodas I will have to give t a try

      Delete
  4. I just have to say you have gorgeous eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much I love compliments they are good for the soul!!!

      Delete