SUGAR DETOX

Friday, June 21, 2013

Grocery List


This is a grocery list or hopefully a little help guide incase you don't know what to buy at the store. Now you can use this when you start or just when you go back and forth to add stuff. 

First off add up how many shakes you might need. for example if you get up at 6 and go to bed at 12 then you will need a shake to start every 2 hours so that is a total of  I would say 8 or 9 a day. Now if it were me I would have about 7 so I would start out having one at 6:30 another at 8:30 and so on every 2 hours. Now my 6:30 shake is when I wouldn't have a shake and have diner instead. I would continue to have a shake at 8:30 and then at 10:30 I might have a snack instead of shake like a couple of pieces of ham and a cheese stick or something like that. Ok so that explains how the day would go. Now on to the things to eat! Things to buy that you can eat.............. Now this list can be modified just remember to look at the label. If it has a * beside those are things that I started with and I buy repeatedly.




Start out with your shakes Atkins *********** Remember buy the Atkins Advantage not the day breaks( you can have these but they are higher carbs) Flavors that are my fave Chocolate delight, dark chocolate, strawberry and caramel delight. If you are a coffee drinker and need sweetener buy vanilla shakes and use them for creamer very very good! this can be your wake up shake! 

Meats you can buy remember there are probably others this is just what I get (read labels)
Steak
*Land O frost ham 1 carb 1 Sugar 
*HEB black forrest ham 1 carb 0 sugar 
snack pepperonis (on a palate with melted cheese or just eat them)
cubed ham (good for salads)
Little smokeys ( small sausages)
*canned chicken (green chicken casserole) recipe is in blog all about food
*smoked sausage( remember to read label not all are low sugar and carbs) eat plain or add sauerkraut
**Fully cooked hamburger patties (read label) one of my faves
Jennie O Turkey burgers jalapeƱo jack 0carbs 0 sugars 
* country cuisine sausage patties ( breakfast sausage)
** bag of frozen chicken breast ( easy pop in the oven, eat with ketchup or salad dressing or add cheese and hot sauce lots you can do with these)


Add caption




Just Remember To Always Read the Labels

Cheese Now I keep some cheese for snacky food and for salads and other things. All kinds of cheese they even have italian style string cheese its pretty good 
** String Cheese 1 carb 0 sugar ( I eat plain or wrap in a piece of ham)
** grated cheese 0 carbs 0 sugars 
** sliced cheese 
** crumbled feta cheese (really good for salads) 





* Lettuce, Heart of romain big lettuce, Mixed salads in the bag
* broccoli ( eat raw, dip in ranch, or put in a pan with some water and a little salt cover and steam)
* cauliflower ( the same as above)
** asparagus ( my fave I put in a pan add a little butter and sprinkle some garlic salt cover and cook for 20 min or until soft yumm
* celery
Remember these can be sides for your meals or have some with ranch for a snack

here are a few dressings or sauces ....
**Kens steak house Greek dressing ( good on salads, dip chicken in, or if you get a rotisserie chicken dip it)
***** Heinz reduced  sugar  ketchup1 carb 1 sugar ( if you eat out don't eat ketchup its sugary and carbs)
* Ranch 2 carbs 1 sugar ( if you eat out eat ranch or blue cheese dressing)
*sweet baby rays buffalo wing sauce (dip your chicken or whatever you want to do with it cook with a chicken breast)
******** Hot Sauce ( i use this with chicken breast and grated cheese, to dip pork rhines in, on egg beaters)




here are some extras I don't keep around all the time but sometimes....
Jello cups ( now with jello make sure you always check the label even if it says sugar free or no sugar added this is a trick) 
Ready whip heavy cream ( yummy on top of the jello make sure you check labels, strawberry jello with the whipped cream on top taste like strawberry shortcake)
** Egg beaters ( I do keep these at all times when you feel comfortable having a breakfast these are yummy or even want breakfast for diner just pour them and cook make omelets or whatever)




Always Always have pickles
**** Dill pickles ( spicy, spears, whole, stackers, chips whatever your fancy is) I snack on pickles all day here and there Yummy guilt free snack.
**** Sweet gherkins
*** bread and butters 
******* Pickled okra ( yummo great snack)
**banana peppers ( great on salads add some flavor)
**JalapeƱos (good on salads with hot sauce for dressing, good on hamburger patties)
* if you like olives good deal ( greek olives are good they are the red looking ones, black olives are yummy)
* Cherry peppers ( i keep these and have 2 on my salad here and there )
I have an entire pickle shelf I ma getting kind of low and its ok if the checker at the grocery store looks at you like your crazy haha 
Remember this is not all you can have or what you have to eat this is just a list of things I enjoy myself. Remember to just look at your labels I usually dont go over 4 carbs or 4 sugars. Stay away from bread, pastas, sauces unless you read the label and remember to take in the serving size also!!! small amounts of fruits if you need to have them, they have natural sugars. Please if you have any questions just e mail me !!!










2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing and posting. Reading your blog and Holly's blog has helped me tremendously!! I lost 9.5 pounds my first week which is definitely enough to keep me motivated to continue. I do have two questions: when you say you limit yourself to 4 grams of carbs is that net carbs (carbs minus fiber) or do you not consider fiber at all?? Question number two: do you have cheat meals or treat meals?? Part of me feels stupid for asking this and I think it shows that I am definitely still in the detox stage. It's just the idea of never having fresh, warm bread or chocolate chip cookies makes me feel sad. Hopefully, at some point, it gets easier. Anyway, your blog is helping me a lot...both the information and the feeling that other people have to give up sugar too :) Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 9 pounds wow that is awesome Congrats!!! Glad the blogs are helping! I do not consider fiber I am just talking about what is right there on the label. question 2 I do not do any cheat meals or treat meals. I feel like there is no reason for that! I don't want to reward myself with food I mean the point of detoxing is to get off the food! I dont think the sugar food like bread or sweats is a good reward to give yourself at all it kind of defeats the purpose I feel.Maybe think of another type of reward for your self like a new movie, maybe some new work out clothes, new shoes or even something small like an album from i tunes! Something you enjoy that doesn't incorporate food! At first when I started I felt sad about certain foods also mine was pizza and maybe when I lose 150 pounds I will be able to have a piece and be satisfied I don't really know but I can tell you the emotions about food get better. I don't feel sad anymore I am happy because the weight is coming off. Stick with it is wonderful and it sounds like your off to an excellent start already! oh and by the way there are no stupid questions at all its hard if you have nobody helping you! let me know if you have any other questions

      Delete