SUGAR DETOX

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Too Fat To Fly???


Now that graduation is over I am gearing up for my first trip to Vegas! I have a couple of weeks to get some more poundage off! I am so excited to go but I am not really looking forward to flying. NO NO not because I am afraid to fly or anything like that. It is the fear of getting kicked off for being fat! Let me explain this .......


So I have a friend that works for an airline. So when we take trips we fly free but on stand by. Now when you fly standby you get to load the plane last usually. This means you take what ever seat is available.  Last August we went to New Orleans and took my 2 kiddos and her nephew it was a lot of fun and had no trouble getting on and off planes. Well in October we flew to Orlando. My flight was leaving really early in the morning so I am there and ready I get on the first plane which was headed to Houston and I sit in the front so that I can jump off and head to the next plane! Well my friend comes on the plane and tells me I have to catch the next flight at this point I have no clue what is going on. I had been casually chit chatting with the man next to me. So I get up get my things and get off the plane.Well come to find out the Bitchy flight attendant, who was of course like a freaking barbie doll, must have had a problem with bigger people because she made up some story about the man I had been talking to since I had been on the plane said I was making him uncomfortable. I was livid once she told me the reason I had to get off I sure didn't want to get on another plane. I mean I was in tears how embarrassing! Right? I finally sucked it up and got on another flight and made it to Orlando and had no other problems but you know now every time I enter a flight I wonder if I will get kicked off?




Flying is very stressful especially when you board last. I mean seriously the aisles are so narrow and why do they make those seats so small. Never fails that it is a middle seat open. WHY??? ugh then you have to ask for a belt extender because the seat belt is stuck under your butt. Once you get on and situated you have to ride uncomfortably the entire flight just trying to hold your arms off of someone next to you! Not Fun! So I want to go to Vegas and I am excited but just not about the flying part or should I say the will I fit part! oh and apparently this is a common thing that happens!




11 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Are you feeling hungry or are missing certain foods?? Thanks and keep posting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I don't feel hungry! I guess you could say I have lost my appetite yay! I of course miss some foods but I am not craving them anymore! Pizza being the most missed!!!!

      Delete
  2. You might be amazed how much of a diff the 20+ lbs you have lost will make.

    Pretty soon you won't be needing a seat belt extender, either.

    My son works for an airline & we fly standby/non rev as well.

    Have fun! Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always hate asking for them! I had a couple of planes I didn't need them on. I really don't enjoy flying stand by haha

      Delete
    2. I hear ya on that, but it can be a savings. Usually is, unless no seats & paying an extra night in a hotel!

      Delete
  3. Excited for you and your trip to Vegas. So sorry you had to go through that crap on your last trip. That is just a bunch of BS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am hoping I can find that flight attendant when I am thin and tell her remember me haha but I am sure I won't I honestly don't remember what she looked like except she was thin with brown hair she was plain must have not left an impression haha

      Delete
  4. That's awful!! I know how you feel though. I agree with the above comment that the 20 lbs will make a big difference1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited!! I hope the 20 pounds does make a difference!

      Delete
  5. That was always a big fear for me too. Now that I'm smaller, I still try to be very conscious of my space.

    ReplyDelete